Tips & Tricks
- For African American hair, extremely sensitized over processed hair due to chemicals such as over relaxers or chemicals, or hair that is only shampooed no more than once a week, LOX Extensions recommends to only pull the hair through the bead once as opposed to the double looping system. The hair that locks around the outside bead during the LOX Loop Method Process is for extra security and support to prevent slipping. With those specific hair textures it may weaken the hair.
- If a client pulls their hair up past natural fall more than four times a week, it is recommend to only pull the hair through the bead once as opposed to the double looping system. The hair that locks around the outside bead during the LOX Loop Method Process is for extra security and support to prevent slipping. It is better to have the corners of the hair that are usually more fragile slide out of the bead due to extra constant texture, as opposed to weakening those specific areas.
- If there is not an exact match in color always go a shade lighter than darker. If you need to color the extensions it is only recommended to use color that has no ammonia. We recommend a demi or a semi permanent hair color that is deposit only to not promote any dryness. If you need to lighten the hair it is only recommended to use non-ammonia lightener. We do recommend to add ¼ gold into your formula to prevent extensions from picking up to much neutral. When you are matching the swatch to the client’s hair, match it up with the ends rather than the root for a more natural look.
- If you use L’Oreal Professionel color line INOA, or any other oil based coloring system it is not recommended to provide same day service for LOX Extensions just on the initial application. It is recommended to wait at least a week, or two shampoos to apply the extensions. If you are providing a lifting service it is better to lift the extensions first and applying the color following the lift the same day.
- If you use keratin or collagen treatments on the hair it is not recommended to provide same day service for LOX Extensions just on the initial application. It is safe and recommended to apply the treatment while the extensions are on the head right over LOX Extensions to revitalize the extensions. Be careful to not come into direct with the base of the extensions.
- When opening the bead apply gentle pressure until you feel it slightly open. Do not apply too much pressure because you could crimp the bead. If this happens go in vertically with your opening tool placing one side of the tool on the top and bottom of the bead then gently apply pressure.
- Always take a 50% deposit the day of the consultation; this will protect you from any cancellations.
- We do not recommend using Argon Oil on LOX Extensions.